How to Eat Healthy
With so much information about nutrition and dieting everywhere you look, it can be tough to figure out what is fact, and what is fad. Remember to eat a healthy breakfast and the tips below for healthy eating.
Visit ChooseMyPlate.gov for the most up-to-date nutrition guidance, tips and links to resources.
- Enjoy your food, but eat less
- Avoid oversized portions
Foods to Increase
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
- Make at least half your grains whole grains
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk
Foods to Reduce
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals- and choose foods with lower numbers
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks
Visit our Women's Health page for more tips on being healthy.