The Healthy Nutrition Guidelines for Meetings and Events ensure that employees have healthy food and beverage choices. By offering access to healthy choices, you will:
- Help attendees gets the most out of the meeting or event.
- Support their overall health.
- Help reduce their risk for chronic disease and obesity.
- Model healthy behaviors.
Guidelines and Examples
- Implementation guide for meetings and events (PDF)
- Guidelines for meetings and events
- Healthy breakfast and refreshment examples—Sample meals that meet the Guidelines for breakfast and light refreshments.
- Healthy lunch and dinner examples—Sample meals that meet the Guidelines for lunch and dinner. This resource includes both plates and boxed meal options.
- Recommended foods and beverages (PDF)—Examples of recommended and not recommended options for various food and beverage categories.
- Reducing sodium in meetings and events – There are ways that both caterers and meeting planners can work to reduce the sodium in meals.
- Accommodating special diets – Do you have vegetarian or vegan attendees? Are you wondering what foods and beverages your can serve that are dairy or gluten-free?
- Planning healthy potlucks (Word) – Use this healthy potluck sign-up sheet to ensure your worksite gathering meets the Healthy Nutrition Guidelines