Strong Start is an easy-to-use system that will help you provide better care and coordination for children.
With Strong Start:
- You can enter and track developmental screening results. Parents and guardians can also enter records.
- You can see the history of screenings no matter where they were done.
- You can avoid unnecessary duplicate screenings.
Ready to use Strong Start? Check out our Strong Start Access Guide for Providers (PDF) for steps on creating your Secure Access Washington (SAW) account and attaching it to your Provider Strong Start Account.
Want to learn more? Read our Frequently Asked Questions for Health Care Providers.
Let us come together with this tool and celebrate all the developmental milestones a child is meeting. If they happen to not meet all of them, let us all get on the same page, partner together and act early.... We need to empower families and each other to highlight a child's strengths and celebrate their successes in areas where they need a bit more support."
Christina L. Pease, MD
Sea Mar Community Health Centers
Tools included in the Strong Start UDS System:
- Ages & Stages Questionnaires (ASQ)
- The Survey of Well-being of Young Children (SWYC)
- Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT)
Find a quick reference guide to these tools on the Frequently Asked Questions for Health Care Providers.
Billing for Developmental Screening
Developmental screenings are billable to Apple Health (Washington’s Medicaid). Private insurance varies; we recommend checking with your clinic administrator. More information: “How to bill” in the Frequently Asked Questions for Health Care Providers.