The Office of Communicable Disease Epidemiology is responsible for statewide surveillance and investigation of more than 60 of Washington State's approximately 80 notifiable conditions, as described in Washington Administrative Code 246-101. Our activities include:
- Support for local health jurisdictions in the investigation of individual cases and outbreaks of communicable diseases
- Collection, analysis, and dissemination of communicable disease information to identify disease trends, including emerging infections
- Education and training for public health and healthcare professionals on communicable disease prevention and control
- Planning and response for public health emergencies involving communicable diseases
For a list of notifiable conditions, please see the Notifiable Conditions site.
Washington State Department of Health
Communicable Disease Epidemiology
1610 NE 150th Street, MS: K17-9
Shoreline, WA 98155
Consultation and technical assistance
Local Health Jurisdictions in Washington State can request technical assistance:
- 206-418-5500: Phone (24-hour contact)
- 206-364-1060: Secure FAX
- 1-877-539-4344: 24-hour contact (inside Washington State only)
Washington residents may contact their local health jurisdictions for assistance.