In the Executive Office of Health and Science, we use public health expertise in science, data, methods, and policies to protect and improve the health of all people in Washington state.
We promote scientific excellence and best practices as cornerstones of public health.
We do this by:
- Protecting the community from new and existing diseases.
- Giving guidance and direction in public health clinical science, lab science and safety, information science, and epidemiology (the study of patterns of disease in groups of people).
- Making sure that we all have the information we need, in a way we understand, to make health decisions for ourselves and our communities.
The Office of Health and Science has four areas to guide and support our efforts:
- Center for Data Science
- Center for Epidemiology Practice, Equity, and Assessment
- Center for Public Health Medical and Veterinary Science
- Division of Disease Control and Health Statistics
For more information, email OHS@doh.wa.gov.