Services We Provide:
As an office, we:
- Process incoming complaints against healthcare providers and healthcare facilities.
- Assist program, boards and commissions in bringing disciplinary action against providers who have engaged in substandard practice or misconduct.
- Provide legal drafting and review services to boards and commissions.
- Enforce disciplinary orders.
- Act as an internal legal resource to the secretary, Department of Health and boards and commissions.
- Assist customers in understanding the disciplinary process.
- Ensure providers receive due process.
Judith Morton, office director
Rayne Pearson, deputy director
P.O. Box 47873
Olympia, WA 98504-7873
Please note: the Department of Health's Office of Investigative and Legal Services doesn't provide legal assistance or referrals to the public. Our role is to assist the secretary of health, and boards and commissions in prosecuting cases against healthcare providers who have committed unprofessional conduct.
If you'd like to make a complaint against a provider or a facility, see our File a Complaint webpage. For legal services, you may wish to consult with a private attorney or seek assistance for a referral from the Washington State Bar Association.