Non-Discrimination in Medical Treatment for COVID-19
This joint bulletin (PDF) reminds health care providers and payers that it is unlawful to ration care on the basis of an individual's existing or perceived disability, in addition to other socio-demographic characteristics.
Provision of Support Persons for Patients with Disabilities in Hospitals
This joint bulletin (PDF) reminds hospitals and health care providers that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act require them to provide individuals with disabilities equal access to their health care services and facilities.
PREP Act Authorization for Health Care Workers with Active, Expired, or Inactive Licenses to Administer COVID-19 Vaccines
This program allows qualified volunteers with active, expired, and out-of-state licenses to perform uncompensated vaccine administration work. To see if you qualify to volunteer under the PREP Act, see state volunteer criteria and federal volunteer criteria (you do not need to qualify for both). If you wish to volunteer, please register for WAserv.
Note: See the new Infection Prevention webpage for infection prevention and long-term care information.
- Communication Access Tools
- Communication Card (PDF)
- Tips for Using Communication Cards (PDF)
- Telephonic Interpretation Instructions (PDF)
- Northwest ADA Center: Accessibility at Drive-Thru Medical Sites
- Northwest ADA Center: Health Care Access
- FEMA Fact Sheet: Accessible Communication for Video Production (PDF)
- FEMA Best Practice: Livestreaming of Emergency Briefings (PDF)
- I-speak cards - Washington State Coalition for Language Access
- I-speak language identification poster (PDF) - U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Health Care Preparedness
- Interim Recommendations to Mitigate Health Care Worker Staffing Shortage During the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
- Cooling with COVID-19 Consideration: Creating Safer Air Movement (PDF)
- Emergency Volunteer Health Practitioner FAQs and Application Form
- Health Care Planning Checklist (PDF)
- Health Care Professional Preparedness Checklist for Transport and Arrival of Patients Potentially Infected with COVID-19
- Hospital Preparedness Checklist for Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 Patients (CDC)
- Providers: Please Continue Vaccinating Patients during COVID-19 (PDF)
- Pharmacies: Please Continue Vaccinating Patients during COVID-19 (PDF)
- Temporary Change in second Newborn Screening Recommendations
- Materials for Patients
Find materials on our Resources and Recommendations page. Materials are available in many languages.
- Provider Specific Guidance
Emergency medical services (EMS) play a vital role in responding to requests for assistance, triaging patients, and providing emergency medical treatment and transport for ill persons. EMS workers have unique challenges as they are in enclosed spaces during transport and need to make quick decisions.
The following guidance and resources are for first responders and emergency medical service providers who anticipate having close contact with persons with confirmed or possible COVID-19 in their work.
Policy Statement: EMS Providers and Emergency Vaccinations (PDF)
- COVID-19 data Documentation Guidance For Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Providers (PDF)
- Criteria for Return to Work for Healthcare Personnel with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 (Interim Guidance)(CDC)
- CDC Interim Guidance for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Systems
- CDC guidance on infection control, PPE, and hygiene
- DOH Healthcare Provider Resources & Recommendations
- Webinar: Interim Guidance for EMS and 911
- EMS Infectious Disease Playbook
- US Department of Labor OSHA –COVID-19 Control and Prevention
Perinatal Care Providers
The following is guidance and resources for perinatal providers during the COVID-19 pandemic, including materials you can provide to patients.
- American Psychiatric Association Well-being Resources
- American Society of Addiction Medicine COVID-19 Resources
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses COVID-19 Updates & Information
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs Coronavirus Disease 2019 MCH and Community Resources
- Breastfeeding Guidance Post Hospital Discharge for Mothers or Infants with Suspected or Confirmed SARS Co V-2 Infection (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- California Perinatal Programs COVID-19 Resources for Maternal and Infant Health
- Considerations for Inpatient Obstetric Healthcare Settings (CDC)
- Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection when COVID-19 is suspected (World Health Organization (WHO))
- Interim Clinical Guidance for Management of Patients with Confirmed Coronavirus Disease (CDC)
- Management of Infants Born to Mothers with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Obstetrician-Gynecologists, Obstetrics COVID-19 FAQs (The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG))
- Open Arms Perinatal Services COVID 19 Resources
- Outpatient Assessment and Management for Pregnant Women With Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 (PDF) (ACOG and SMFM)
- Pediatric Healthcare Provider Information (CDC)
- Perinatal Psychiatry Consultation Line for Providers (University of Washington)
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine (SMFM) COVID-19
- Washington State Hospital Association COVID-19
- Reporting COVID-19 Deaths
- Testing Patients for COVID-19
- Treatment Guidelines
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- NETEC Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), National Ebola Training and Education Center
- Infection Prevention and Screening for Travel-Related Infections
- Guidance on Chronic Pain Management Medications during the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF)
- Guidance Relating to Non-Discrimination in Medical Treatment for Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) - Joint Bulletin (PDF) April 20, 2020
Literature Situation Reports (Lit Rep)
The Daily COVID-19 Literature Situation Report (Lit Rep) has moved and is now available on the University of Washington's Alliance for Pandemic Preparedness website.
In-depth reports and topical synthesis reports are also posted there monthly, and the site has a new search function that allows you to search across prior reports.
You can also subscribe to receive the Lit Rep in your inbox daily.
If you have questions about the Lit Rep, please contact Maayan Simckes at email@example.com.