View rules by clicking the links below, which allows you to search WACs and easily print individual sections. To print a copy of the rules, click on the link(s) below and select the “PDF”.
Group A Public Water Supplies: Chapter 246-290 WAC
- These rules set requirements for Group A public water systems.
- National Primary Drinking Water Regulations – effective July 1, 2016 (PDF)
Group B Public Water Systems: Chapter 246-291 WAC
- These rules set requirements for Group B public water systems.
Waterworks Operator Certification: Chapter 246-292 WAC
- These rules set requirements for certified waterworks operators.
Water System Coordination Act: Chapter 246-293 WAC
- These rules set requirements to evaluate and determine critical water supply service areas and coordinate public water system planning.
Drinking Water Operating Permits: Chapter 246-294 WAC
- These rules set requirements for Group A public water systems required to have an annual drinking water operating permit.
Satellite System Management Agencies: Chapter 246-295 WAC
- These rules set requirements for entities seeking approval to operate more than one public water system.
Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Loan Program: Chapter 246-296 WAC
- These rules set requirements for public water systems seeking funding assistance for infrastructure improvements.
Drinking Water Laboratory Certification and Data Reporting: Chapter 246-390 WAC
- These rules set requirements for labs to send data results to public water systems and the department of health.
Office of Drinking Water Fee Schedule (PDF) This document contains the fee schedules for:
- Group A and B public water systems, WAC 246-290-990;
- Waterworks Operator Certification, WAC 246-292-995; and
- Drinking Water Operating Permits, WAC 246-294-070.