Individuals with concerns about their drinking water should call their water utility, their local health department, or 911.
For our Washington regulated water utilities, during normal business hours, contact your specific ODW regional office.
ODW Headquarters 360-236-3100 or toll-free 1-800-521-0323.
Eastern Regional Office 509-329-2100
Northwest Regional Office 253-395-6750
Southwest Regional Office 360-236-3030
ODW staff are available around the clock to assist water system and laboratory personnel responding to a drinking water related emergency.
After hours troubleshooting for drinking water utilities
Water utilities ONLY call 1-877-481-4901. This hotline is intended for after-hours emergencies only, not for problems that arise during regular business hours, and not for routine business. Call this number if a drinking water emergency:
- Threatens the health of your customers.
- Threatens the integrity of your system.
- Can't wait until the next business day.
- We will evaluate after-hours calls to determine the nature of the emergency.
- We will ask callers clearly seeking routine business assistance to contact their regional office during business hours.
- The ODW staff person on call will return the call within 30 minutes.
While we will address citizen's concerns if they call, this is NOT a public emergency hotline. Individuals with concerns about their drinking water should call their water utility, their local health department, or 911.