A license amendment is needed for any of the following:
- Adding or eliminating services
- Change in accreditation information
- Change in administration
- Change in bed count
- Adding or eliminating licensed buildings or spaces
The following steps are necessary when amending a hospital license:
- Determine if certificate of need review is necessary to make the amendment.
- For changes that add space or change the use of existing spaces, contact the department's Construction Review Services at 360-236-2944 before making changes to determine if construction review approval is needed.
- Submit a cover letter indicating changes and an amended hospital application to the department.
- Submit the appropriate fee to the department, as applicable.