- New hospitals must have an active license before operating.
- A change in ownership is processed like an initial license application.
The following steps are necessary when applying for a new hospital license or changing ownership:
- Contact the Certificate of Need program to initiate the Certificate of Need review.
- After obtaining certificate of need approval, contact the department's Construction Review Services at 360-236-2944 before starting construction for review and approval of construction documents.
- Submit a hospital licensing application:
- Submit a current (within the past three months) disclosure statement and background check on the administrator.
- Submit the appropriate fee to the department, as applicable.
Change of Ownership
In addition to the above requirements, the current owner must submit in writing the following:
- Cover letter indicating changes occurring
- Full names, addresses, and phone numbers of current and new owner
- Name, address, and phone number of currently licensed hospital
- Name under which the agency will operate
- Date of proposed change of ownership