Note: Prior to getting started – Internet Explorer version 6, 7, 8 or 9 work best. If you choose another browser, see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
To get started you must register with Secure Access Washington (SAW) and sign in to the Department of Health Online Services. Please read Steps 1 and 2 completely before creating your account.
There is also a $2.50 convenience fee to use Online Services.
Step 1: Create a Secure Access Washington account
Go to the Secure Access Washington (SAW) website.
- Select Create One. If you already have a SAW account, sign in with your user ID and password you previously created and continue to "Step 2" below.
- Follow the steps to register. You will create your own user ID and password for SAW.
- The system will send you an email confirming your registration.
- Select the link in the email that follows this statement: “To activate your new account, select the following link." This step is required to complete the registration process.
If you experience problems with the SAW site, contact Consolidated Technology Services (24 hours) at 888-241-7597 or email email@example.com.
Step 2: Create a link to the Department of Health Online Services
- Login to your SAW account using your SAW user ID and password you previously created.
- Select the “Click here to add services” link.
- Enter 7472 in the Service Code box on the top right. Select “Apply.”
- The system will direct you to the Online Services site.
- Follow the instructions on the welcome page.
- At the Login page, choose "Click here to get your user ID and Password." If you don't already have an account with the Washington State Department of Health you will be required to "Register."
- Complete the "Register" information. We'll send an email to the address with which you registered. You must verify your email.
- You will then receive a notice that your email has been verified. Your Department of Health user ID will be included. This along with your Social Security number (no dashes or spaces) will be your login.
- Login using your Department of Health user ID and password. Select "Log In."
- You will be presented with an application page. Choose the credential for which you wish to apply.
- Complete the application.
- Pay the application and $2.50 convenience fee with a VISA or MasterCard or by ACH (electronic check). Payment must be made with U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. financial institution. Please make sure your address on the payment information screen matches the address your financial institution has on file for you.
- Wait for confirmation – please wait for your "APPROVED" payment receipt. If you don't receive this message, your application did not process.
You may find more information about online applications in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Note: If you're having problems with the Online Services site, contact our Customer Service Office by email or by phone at 360-236-4700.