Welcome Power of Providers (POP) Members!
Thank you for joining us, and thousands of other providers across the state of Washington, in encouraging COVID-19 vaccination and working to reduce COVID-19 transmission, severe illness and death.
Save this page and check back regularly for new resources and updated materials, the latest news on COVID-19 vaccines, and upcoming industry meetings and events. Learn more about POP.
We encourage POP members to talk to each of their patients using the SAVE intervention:
SEEK: Seek your patients' COVID-19 vaccination status.
ASK/EDUCATE: If your patient isn't vaccinated, ask them about the vaccine and offer education if they're unsure.
VACCINATE: If your patient agrees to vaccination, provide them with a COVID-19 vaccine or a referral to a location that provides COVID-19 vaccination.
EMPOWER: Empower your patients to share their vaccination status with the community.
In the News
- HHS Releases Two New Reports on Long COVID to Support Patients and Further Research
- CDC Recommends Novavax’s COVID-19 Vaccine for Adults
- Western States Statement on Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine for Adults
- Biden-Harris Administration secures 3.2 million doses of Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine
- What You Need to Know About the Novavax Protein-Based Vaccine
- Report on Safety Monitoring of First mRNA Booster for 12+, Immunocompromised (CDC)
The Power of Providers Initiative celebrated its one-year anniversary this summer. Dr. Umair Shah, MD, MPH, DOH's Secretary of Health, thanks our members!
- Aug 17: August IACW Quarterly Meeting 2022
- Aug 26: Strategies to Discuss the COVID-19 Vaccine with Your Most Reluctant Patients
- Aug 30 – Sep 1: Association of Immunization Managers (AIM), Leadership in Action Conference
Resources for Health Care Providers and Staff
- Discussion Guides, Fact Sheets, General Information
- Talking with Patients about COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC)
- Building Confidence in COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines (PDF)
- Building Confidence in the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine (PDF)
- Promote the COVID-19 Vaccine for Children & Teens
- COVID-19 Resources for Reducing Barriers in Transportation and Language Access (PDF)
- Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine: What You Should Know (PDF)
- Discussion Guide: Building Confidence in the COVID-19 Novavax Vaccine (PDF)
- Discussion Guide: Building COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Before, During and After Pregnancy (CDC)
- Discussion Guide: Building COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Before, During and After Pregnancy (PDF)
- Snapshot: Immunity and COVID-19 Vaccines (PDF)
- Immunity and COVID-19 Vaccines (PDF)
- Clinical Information
- Interim Clinical Considerations (CDC)
- Pfizer-BioNTech, 12 Years and Older (Gray Cap) (PDF)
- Pfizer-BioNTech, 12 Years and Older (Purple Cap) (PDF)
- Pfizer-BioNTech, 5 Through 11 Years (Orange Cap) (PDF)
- Pfizer-BioNTech, 6 Months Through 4 Years (Maroon Cap) (PDF)
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for Children who Transition from a Younger to Older Age Group
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine for Children who Transition from a Younger to Older Age Group (PDF)
- Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)
- Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup: Statements and Recommendations
- Reimbursement for COVID-19 Vaccine Counseling (PDF)
- COVID-19, Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Breastfeeding (ACOG)
- Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine (PDF) (CDC)
- Novavax Storage and Handling (PDF) (CDC)
- Videos, Training
Printable Materials for Patients, In-Office
- Patient Handouts
- Have you just tested positive for COVID-19? (Free Telehealth for COVID-19 Treatments) (PDF)
- Homebound and need a COVID-19 vaccine? (PDF)
- Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines: What Parents/Guardians Should Know (PDF)
- COVID-19 Common Worries and Facts (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Doses | Reference Guide for All Ages (PDF)
- I Am Immunocompromised: Am I recommended to get these doses? (PNG)
- Transportation to Vaccine Appointment for Medicaid Patient (PDF)
- Myocarditis after COVID-19 Vaccination: What Parents and Young Adults Should Know (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (PDF)
- In-Office Materials
For more information go to our COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Healthcare Providers web page.
If you are not a member of the POP Initiative, learn more and please join today!