How do I qualify for the Early Intervention Program (EIP)?
To get into the program, you must:
- Have proof of HIV positive status.
- Live in Washington State.
- Have gross monthly income at or below 425% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
2023 Income Guidelines (effective January 2023)
|Family Size||425% FPL* Gross Monthly Income|
* If your income is over 425% FPL, you will not be eligible for EIP but may qualify for assistance with medication costs through Needy Meds http://www.needymeds.org/.
|Family Size||Under 138% FPL** Gross Monthly Income|
** If your income is less than 138% FPL, you may qualify for expanded Medicaid (Apple Health) and should apply through Washington Health Plan Finder.
- If you are eligible for Apple Health, you will not be eligible for EIP and do not need to apply.
- If you are not eligible for Apple Health, you may apply to EIP.
How do I apply?
Apply online or submit a paper application.
- Go to the Secure Access Washington (SAW) portal and create an account.
- The service code for EIP is 15939.
- SAW is secure and private.
- With a SAW account, you can easily check and renew your eligibility* and update your information.
- You can also access other Washington State services through SAW.
* Clients approved for EIP must reapply every six months to continue to receive services.
- Fill out the online EIP application and submit required documents.
Application for new clients (PDF)
Application for current or returning clients (PDF)
Form for help with enrolling in or paying for insurance (PDF)
Application instructions (PDF)
Aplicación para el papel
Para los cliented actuales o regresan (PDF)
Ayuda con matricularse en o pagar para el sequro (PDF)