How do I qualify for the Early Intervention Program (EIP)?
To get into the program, you must:
- Have proof of HIV positive status.
- Live in Washington State.
- Have gross monthly income at or below 425% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
2022 Income Guidelines (effective February 2022)
|Family Size||425% FPL* Gross Monthly Income|
* If your income is over 425% FPL, you will not be eligible for EIP but may qualify for assistance with medication costs through Needy Meds http://www.needymeds.org/.
|Family Size||Under 138% FPL** Gross Monthly Income|
** If your income is less than 138% FPL, you may qualify for expanded Medicaid (Apple Health) and should apply through Washington Health Plan Finder.
- If you are eligible for Apple Health, you will not be eligible for EIP and do not need to apply.
- If you are not eligible for Apple Health, you may apply to EIP.
How do I apply?
Apply online or submit a paper application.
- Go to the Secure Access Washington (SAW) portal and create an account.
- The service code for EIP is 15939.
- SAW is secure and private.
- With a SAW account, you can easily check and renew your eligibility* and update your information.
- You can also access other Washington State services through SAW.
* Clients approved for EIP must reapply every six months to continue to receive services.
- Fill out the online EIP application and submit required documents.
Aplicación para el papel