Washington’s SNAP Market Match has been a pivotal support for families wanting to stretch their healthy food budge. Over the last few years, we have learned a lot about how helping Washingtonians eat healthy.
Demand for the program in the last two years has grown faster than expected. Because of this, we are making some changes to the program to make sure it can continue. The daily cap available for SNAP Market Match participants will move to $25/day starting January 1, 2023. This will allow the program to support people consistently if funding changes.
Look for the SNAP Market Match currency, logo, and vendor signs at local farmers markets.
At more than 100 participating farmers markets and farm stands, customers who use the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/EBT benefits can stretch their food budget to buy more fruits and vegetables!
How SNAP Market Match Works
If you use SNAP/EBT:
- Go to a participating market's information booth and tell them you’d like SNAP Market Match
- Swipe your EBT card for the amount you want to spend
- You will receive that amount in EBT tokens and the same amount in SNAP Market Match dollars. Markets match $25 or more per day, check with your local market for their daily match amount.
- Shop for:
- Fresh vegetables
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh herbs
- Seeds and plants that produce food (for example, tomato seeds or tomato plants)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can receive SNAP Market Match?
Customers who use the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/EBT benefits quality for SNAP Market Match incentives.
Which products are not eligible for SNAP Market Match?
SNAP Market Match currency cannot be used for:
- Dried, canned, or frozen vegetables
- Dried, canned, or frozen fruits (including jams/jellies, and fruit juice or cider)
- Dried herbs
- Nuts, seeds, eggs, baked goods, seafood or meats, and milk or cheese
Is there a limit of how much SNAP Market Match a customer can earn?
Markets match $25 or more per day, check the participating markets list below and with your local market for their daily match amount.
Participating Stores by County
|County||City||Location (Facility) Name||Address|
|Pierce||Lakewood||Lakewood Farmers Market||8714 87th Ave SW(Map)|
Request Promotional Materials
Available materials include:
- Rack Card - 25 language options
- Poster - 22 language options
For SNAP Market Match rack cards and posters, fill out this form: Promotional Materials form.
Questions? Contact us at SNAP.MarketMatch@doh.wa.gov, or phone (360) 236-3148.
Stay up to date with SNAP Match Programs by subscribing to our newsletter. Look for Fruit and Vegetable Incentives Program under Prevention and Community Health (PCH).
SNAP Market Match is administered by the Washington State Department of Health and material is based upon work that is supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under award number 2020-70030-33180.