New Grocery Vendors
Currently Accepting NEW Grocery Vendor Authorization Applications
We are accepting applications for new vendors. The application and authorization timeframe depends on our staff’s availability. We aim to process applications in a timely manner. Applying does not guarantee authorization*. Written notice will be sent via email to each applicant.
Your store must meet Federal and state regulations including specific and detailed criteria to be a WIC authorized vendor. Before submitting an online application, you must determine:
- If your POS system supports WIC transactions. USDA/FNS provides the WIC EBT Operating Rules and the Technical Implementation Guide (TIG). The Operating Rules address WIC EBT operation for all entities, including retail system vendors, WIC vendors, acquirers, and processors. The X9.93 implementation guidelines and specifications for processing WIC EBT transactions are in the TIG. You may email us for a list of some POS systems supported by eWIC.
- If your store meets our Vendor Selection Criteria (PDF).
Once it’s determined your store meets the requirements:
- Submit an online application following the instructions in the WIC Vendor User Guide. Complete and submit an application and Price Survey for each store location for which your business is seeking WIC authorization.
- Email a recent invoice for WIC approved infant formula purchased from one of our approved infant formula suppliers to WICRetailManagement@doh.wa.gov.
What to Expect Next:
- Your application will be reviewed and go through a business integrity check.
- A Preauthorization Assessment, POS testing, and staff training will be scheduled if the business meets the requirements.
- A contract will be initiated. WIC transactions may take place once the contract is fully executed.
*If the applicant does not meet all criteria listed in WAC 246-790-075 and the application is denied, the business must wait six months to reapply.
Please contact us at WICRetailManagement@doh.wa.gov or 1-800-841-1410, extension 2 if you have questions or need help with your online Application. Thank you for partnering with us.