Pharmacy-Only Vendor Resources
Currently Accepting NEW Pharmacy-Only Vendor Authorization Applications
The application and authorization timeframe depends on our staff’s availability. We aim to process applications in a timely manner. Applying does not guarantee authorization. Written notice will be sent via email to each applicant.
Each pharmacy must meet federal and state regulations including specific and detailed criteria to be a WIC authorized vendor. Before submitting an online application, you must determine:
- If your POS system supports WIC transactions.
- If your store meets our Pharmacy-Only Vendor Selection Criteria.
Once it’s determined your pharmacy meets the requirements:
- Contact us to set up a User ID for the Vendor Portal in order to apply.
- Submit an online application through our Vendor Portal. Follow the steps found in the Pharmacy-Only Vendor Portal User Guide (PDF).
- Email the following to our staff (WICRetailManagement@doh.wa.gov):
- A recent invoice for at least one of the two required infant formulas: Similac Advance 12.4oz powder or Similac Sensitive 12.5oz powder ordered from an approved supplier (PDF)
- Shelf price for the two required infant formulas: Similac Advance 12.4oz powder or Similac Sensitive 12.5oz powder.
What to Expect Next:
- Your application will be reviewed and complete a business integrity check.
- A Preauthorization Assessment, POS testing, and staff training will be scheduled if the business meets the requirements.
- A contract will be initiated. WIC transactions may take place once the contract is fully executed.
*If the Preauthorization Assessment or application requirements do not pass, the business must wait six months to reapply.