The COVID-19 vaccine is available to people 6 months and older.
September 12, 2023 - Following FDA regulatory action, the CDC has recommended updated 2023-2024 mRNA COVID-19 vaccines for everyone 6 months and older that target the omicron subvariant XBB.1.5. Bivalent COVID-19 vaccines are no longer authorized or available in the United States. The new COVID-19 vaccine recommendations are as follows:
- Children 6 months – 4 years old who are unvaccinated are recommended to receive 2 doses of updated 2023-2024 Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or 3 doses of updated 2023-2024 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- Children 6 months – 4 years old who were previously vaccinated are recommended to receive 1 or 2 doses of an updated 2023-20234 Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine (timing and number of doses to administer depends on the previous COVID-19 vaccine[s] received).
- Anyone 5 years old and older regardless of previous vaccination is recommended to receive 1 dose of an updated 2023-20234 Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at least 2 months since the last dose of any COVID-19 vaccine.
The Washington State Department of Health is currently reviewing and updating our webpages and supporting resources to reflect these new recommendations.
Visit Vaccine Locator to find and schedule an appointment.
Washington State COVID-19 Information
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine requirements for health care and long term care workers
- COVID-19 vaccination staffing resource request for primary care providers
- Pharmacy partnerships
- Healthcare provider resources & recommendations
You can also subscribe to the weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Partner Newsletter on GovDelivery.