Licensing information - Applications and forms and additional licensing links
Other dental professions
Dental assistant | Dental hygienist | Denturist | Expanded function dental auxiliary | Dental anesthesia assistant
- Information for providers whose credentials have been affected by a drug conviction
- Dentist Coronavirus Vaccination Interpretive Statement (PDF)
- Dentist Coronavirus Screening (PDF)
- Dentist continuing education, basic life support certification statement (PDF)
- Take the Washington Health Workforce Survey.
- Opioid Prescribing
- The Department of Health filed an Interpretive Statement titled Clarification of Opioid Prescribing Rules, with the Office of the Code Reviser on September 20, 2019, as WSR 19-20-063 (PDF). This Interpretive Statement is a joint communication from the State Health Officer, the Board of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery, Dental Quality Assurance Commission, Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission, Podiatric Medical Board, and the Washington Medical Commission. The purpose of the joint communication is to help practitioners better understand the existing opioid prescribing rules.
- Prescription Monitoring Program information
Notice – Dentist Clinical Examination
- June 2020 Clinical Examination Notice (PDF)
The Dental Quality Assurance Commission approved the DLOSCE on April 2, 2020. An emergency rule was filed adding DLOSCE as an allowable clinical examination. Additionally, the commission is pursuing permanent rule-making to include DLOSCE as a permanent allowable clinical examination.
- Manikin (non-patient based) or patient-based clinical examinations are acceptable from all approved testing organizations.
- All examination sections listed in WAC 246-817-120 must be completed for Washington State dentist licensure.
- Western Regional Examining Board (WREB) - The optional prosthodontics examination is a required section of the clinical examination for Washington State dentist licensure. Additionally, Washington State doesn't have specific criteria associated to the operative/restorative section. Applicants may follow WREB's examination process for operative/restorative section.
- Commission on Dental Agency Competency (CDCA) formally known as NERB - The optional periodontal examination is a required section of the clinical examination for Washington State dentist licensure.
- Southern Regional Testing Agency (SRTA) – The optional periodontal examination is a required section of the clinical examination for Washington State dentist licensure. SRTA does not have a comprehensive treatment planning or diagnostic skills examination section. The dental commission authorized an emergency rule in 2020 that removed the requirement in the rule that requires all examination sections to be completed with the same testing agency. The proposed permanent rule requires all examination sections be taken with maximum of two testing agencies administering all sections of the examinations in coordination with each other.
- The Dental Quality Assurance Commission has determined that the California State Dental Board portfolio examination is not an acceptable clinical examination for Washington State dentist licensure.