If you eat the recommended amount of servings per week or month, don't eat any additional fish, shellfish, or crab that week from Puget Sound or the grocery store.
Example: If you eat one serving of Chinook Salmon, no other seafood should be eaten that week.
Location Specific Advice
- Port Angeles Harbor:
- Do not eat more than four servings of crab meat per month (one serving per week).
- Do not eat any crab hepatopancreas (crab butter).
- Do not eat shellfish (all varieties of oysters, clams, mussels, and scallops). There is a permanent closure due to sanitary conditions. Check our shellfish safety website for closures.
* Flatfish include English Sole, Starry Flounder, and Rock Sole
Marine Area 6 Advice
2-3 Servings Per Week
- Coho, chum, pink, and sockeye salmon
1 Serving Per Week
- Chinook Salmon
2 Servings Per Month
- Resident Chinook (Blackmouth) Salmon
Do Not Eat
- Recreational and commercial harvest of all species of rockfish (Marine Areas 6-13) is illegal due to conservation reasons. See the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife fishing regulations for further details.