Begin Reporting Process Here
Step 1: Assess your WEMSIS needs
- If you use your own National EMS Information System (NEMSIS)-compliant electronic patient care record software: You may use WEMSIS to run reports on your data and benchmark with other data in the system. Contact your software vendor to 1) verify it is NEMSIS compliant, and 2) export your records to the state WEMSIS via web service within 48 hours of the incident dates
- If you don't keep electronic care patient records or want to replace your software: You may use WEMSIS to access its run form, perform record management and run reports. If you wish to use software in the field, here's how to find a NEMSIS-compliant software vendor.
Step 2: Contact us
Email us to request a WEMSIS account under your EMS service.
We may ask you to provide information about your service such as service identification (ID) number and address.
We may ask you to complete or update the WEMSIS Contacts form.
Step 3: Familiarize yourself with WEMSIS
- You may access WEMSIS online. Access to WEMSIS requires user authentication through SecureAccess Washington (SAW). To request the WEMSIS service through your SAW account, search for it by its code 5290. Email us if you need detailed instructions in obtaining WEMSIS approval through SAW.
- You'll find ImageTrend (our WEMSIS vendor), provides helpful, comprehensive manuals and training videos. These materials are located in "Help University" under the "Community" tab once you log into WEMSIS.
- Ask us. In many cases, we can assist your transition in using WEMSIS. We provide one-on-one or group webinar training for WEMSIS administrators. Email us to propose dates and times for webinar training.