WIC Peer Counselors are Here to Help You!
WIC peer counselors are moms just like you who support you with your breastfeeding journey. Watch this short video to learn more.
Although breastfeeding is natural, most moms and babies need practice learning how to do it. It's normal to have lots of questions about breastfeeding and to need some help. Getting answers to your questions during pregnancy and in the early days after birth can help you get the best start with breastfeeding.
WIC's Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program offers wonderful mother-to-mother support to WIC clients in over 100 Washington communities.
WIC peer counselors:
- Are WIC moms who have breastfed their babies.
- Have special training in breastfeeding support.
- Are available outside normal WIC hours and on weekends.
- Answer breastfeeding questions and offer support.
- Refer moms to breastfeeding experts for situations that call for additional help.