NEW Vendor Applicants
We are accepting applications for new vendors. The application and authorization timeframe depends on our staff's availability. We aim to process applications in a timely manner. Submitting an application does not guarantee authorization. Each business will receive written notice about our decision about authorization.
Federal and state regulations provide specific and detailed criteria that stores must meet in order to be a WIC authorized vendor. Before submitting an online application, review our Vendor Selection Criteria (PDF) to determine if your store meets the requirements.
Once it's determined your store meets the requirements:
- Submit an online application through our Vendor Portal at https://secureaccess.wa.gov/myAccess/saw/select.do. Follow the steps found in the Vendor Portal User Guide (PDF). Complete and submit an application for each store location for which your business is seeking WIC authorization.
What to Expect Next:
- Your application will be reviewed and go through a business integrity check.
- A virtual Preauthorization Assessment will be scheduled if the business meets the requirements.
- Once contract is in place, a POS system testing and staff training will be scheduled by your Vendor Management Specialist.
*If a business fails the Preauthorization Assessment or application requirements, the business must wait 6 months to reapply.
The Vendor Portal is a secure web-based application designed to support retail management in the Washington State Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program. The application provides vendors a way to apply for WIC authorization, update information about their stores, register for training and more.
The portal is available from the Secure Access Washington website. Secure Access Washington (SAW) allows internet access to a number of online government services through one website.
Use the Vendor Portal for:
- Vendor applications
- Viewing, registering for or canceling registration for vendor training
- Managing vendor accounts
WIC EBT Processing Standards
USDA/FNS provides the WIC EBT Operating Rules (PDF) and the Technical Implementation Guide (TIG) (PDF). The Operating Rules address WIC EBT operation for all entities, including retail system vendors, WIC vendors, acquirers, and processors. The X9.93 implementation guidelines and specifications for processing WIC EBT transactions are in the TIG.