The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is forming a new community planning group. The group will focus on responding to:
This group will consist of community members that will collaborate to provide guidance to the WA DOH based on their life experience to prevent, improve, and respond to the health needs of people living with these health conditions.
We are shifting from focusing on a single disease to addressing multiple diseases at once to develop better prevention and care solutions. By taking this approach we will be able to better respond and support communities impacted by these health conditions.
We are inviting community members from disproportionately impacted communities to apply and work collaboratively with community partners from all over Washington state.
The Community Planning Group will consist of 15-22 members. Members will be chosen by reviewing applications yearly. All selected members serve for two years on the planning group.
The roles and responsibilities of Community Planning Group members are:
- Work actively to reduce new HIV, viral hepatitis, and STI infections and assure positive health outcomes for all persons living with these conditions regardless of health care coverage or geographic location in Washington State.
- Commit to and foster a culture of health equity and racial justice.
- Provide specific recommendations to DOH and other agencies to improve the implementation of activities and services.
- Help make sure DOH’s applications for federal funding reflects the group’s recommendations and other advice.
- Identify, implement, and evaluate how we gather and utilize community input to guide our planning process.
- Develop policies and procedures as necessary (shared).
- Elect a Provider Co-Chair and Community Co-Chair on an annual basis.
Washington Community Planning Group Meetings
Meetings will start in the Summer of 2022. Initially the meetings will be virtual but may be in person in the future, with a virtual option. All meetings will be open to the public and accessible for persons with disabilities. We will provide simultaneous interpretation in Spanish for all meetings. Participants will be able to join the virtual meeting via web conference or phone.
|November 22, 2022||Agenda||
Meeting ID: 977 5956 7268
|October 18, 2022||Agenda||English
|Goals - English
One pager - English
Goals - español
|September 27, 2022||Minutes|
|July 26, 2022||Agenda||Teams|
Please email email@example.com or call (360) 236-2315 for additional information, access to the meetings in languages other than English and Spanish, or to let us know about accessibility needs.