Healthcare professionals can view or download (PDF) newborn screening results for infants at their facility anytime through an online web portal called Secure Remote Viewer (SRV).
Quarterly Quality and Compliance Reports are now available as a Power BI application on Washington’s Newborn (SRV) website.
To access patient level data in the reports, you must be registered in SRV. Some aspects of the reports will be filtered using the Submitter ID # associated with your SRV user account. If you are a regional manager and need to view more than one Submitter ID # in your network of hospitals, please have your facility’s administrator make that request by email.
Though you can sign up for SRV any time, we will be granting access to the Quarterly Reports in Power BI on the first Friday of each month. Once you have been granted access, you will receive an email from “Microsoft Invitations on behalf of Washington State Executive Branch Agencies (email@example.com)” asking you to accept an invitation to Power BI. Accept this invitation to gain access to the reports on SRV. We recommend completing your registration as soon as possible so you will have access early next month.
Getting Started Guide - SRV
This guide provides detailed instructions on how to:
- register for Secure Access Washington (SAW) and for the Newborn Screening Secure Remote Viewer (SRV) application
- go through security authentication
- log into the SRV application.
Healthcare professionals need to complete two steps:
Step 1: Create a Secure Access Washington (SAW) account
Go to https://secureaccess.wa.gov/ and follow the instructions to create an account. It will ask you questions to verify your identity. If you already have a SAW account, skip to step 2.
Step 2: Create a Newborn Screening Secure Remote Viewer (SRV) account
- In your SAW account, select 'add a new service' , then 'I would like to browse a list of services', then select 'Department of Health'.
- Select 'Apply' for the application called 'Newborn Screening Secure Remote Viewer.'
- Complete the security authentication to verify your identity.
- Fill out the registration form for the SRV application.
- You will receive an email when your account is approved.