Growers need to apply for authorization and have a signed agreement with the Washington State Department of Health WIC Nutrition Program to accept WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (WIC FMNP) and Senior Farmer Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) benefits.
How to Apply
- Read the Grower Agreement (PDF)
- Sign and submit a complete Grower Application (PDF) via email to FMNPTeam@doh.wa.gov or by mail at:
Washington State Department of Health
WIC and Senior FMNP Coordinator
PO Box 47886
Olympia, WA 98504-7886
- Once the state office process the application, the authorized growers will receive instructions about the next steps to receive payment as we are moving to electronic benefits (e-FMNP).
If you have questions or need to request a printed copy of the application and agreement, please contact: FMNPTeam@doh.wa.gov or call 1-800-841-1410 extension 2, select 2.
2023 Important Dates
|February 28||Update Form for market managers|
|April 1||Application to all returning growers|
|May 1||Application for new markets|
|June 1||FMNP season starts|
|October 31||Last day to accept FMNP checks|
Resources for Growers
Resources for Markets
- Market Manager and Grower Information and Training Manual (PDF) (2023 version coming soon)
- Market Agreement Application (PDF)
- Washington State Farmers Market Association (WSFMA)
- Signage for Safe Market Operations
All brochures are provided in PDF format.