What will the Department of Health refund?

We will refund payments exceeding the stated fee or paid incorrectly (WAC 246-08-560).

However, we will not refund fees submitted with applications for initial credentialing, examinations, renewal or other fees associated with the licensing and regulation of the profession (WAC 246-12-340).

We will only refund overpayments of $5 dollars or less if you send a written request within 13 months of the date of payment (WAC 246-08-560).

Will my application or renewal fee be refunded if my license, certification or registration is denied or revoked?

No. We will not refund you if your application is denied or if your license, certification, or registration is revoked or suspended (WAC 246-08-560).

Will I receive the refund if my employer and I both pay my license fee?

We will refund the second payment or the actual overpayment. We identify who issued the overpayment by reviewing the contact information on the check, money order or credit/debit card receipt.

If I realize that an overpayment has been made, should I stop payment on my check?

No. Stopping payment will result in a non-sufficient fund fee. We will process a refund for the overpayment.

Contact and connect

Contact us | Email customer service | Phone: 360-236-4700 | Submit public disclosure request (lists and labels)

To get important information about agency affiliated counselors please select the green “Subscribe” button at the bottom of the page.