We're here to support you as you use the Cascades System.
Cascades Support Line
Call Cascades Support when you need help with:
- Cascades–including using the sandbox.
- Transfer-in questions and issues.
- When you can't reach an out-of-state clinic to get participant transfer information, the USDA/FNS has "VOC (transfer) contact" information for all states and US territories. Visit www.fns.usda.gov/wic/wic-contacts and click on a specific state for a phone number to get transfer information.
- SAW account setup.
Choose option 3, then option 2
Monday–Friday 8am–5pm (through lunch)
Voicemail available after-hours
IT Service Desk
Call the WIC IT Service Desk when you need help with:
- Network logon
- WIC computer equipment.
- Internet connections.
Monday–Friday 7 am–5 pm (through lunch)
Email: WIC.email@example.com (non-urgent technical issues)
WIC Foods Support
When participants think a food should be approved and they can't buy it they can do one of the following:
- Use the WICShopper app “I couldn't buy this” button to notify us of the food item.
- Call WIC at 1-800-841-1410 and ask for WIC foods.
- Email WIC foods at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information:
- Store name and location.
- Food item name.
- Package or container size.
- UPC code (12 digit number listed under the food item barcode).
WIC Card Line
Call the WIC Card Line at 1-844-359-3104 to:
- Set or change the Personal Identification Number (PIN) for a WIC card.
- Report a lost, stolen, or damaged WIC card.
- Unlock the card if the PIN was entered incorrectly four times in a row.
- Check what WIC foods are available.
Cascades Solutions provide answers to frequently asked questions of the Cascades Support team. We'll add more documents to this section, as we identify more solutions.
Cascades Steps are tools to help staff complete important tasks in the Cascades system. If you have policy questions about these tasks, please check the Policy and Procedure page or contact Cascades Support at the state WIC Office.
You can also use these Cascades Tips to help clarify processes in your day-to-day Cascades work and when we discover new, helpful information.
Getting Support & Cascades Troubleshooting
- Finding the H Tag Number (PDF)
- Keystroke Issue – New Spell Check Feature (PDF)
- Taking Screenshots (PDF)
Certification & Subsequent Certification
Breastfeeding & Peer Counseling
Prescribe Food & Issue Benefits
- Cascades Steps: Clear Delayed Signatures to Provide the Cash Value Benefit (CVB) to Participants (PDF)
- Issuing Foods in the First Month of Life for Partially Breastfeeding Infant and Breastfeeding Participant (PDF)
Formula & Medical Documentation
- Enter Medical Documentation for the First Time (PDF)
- Enter New Medical Documentation When Current Medical Documentation Exists (PDF)
- Tofu and Medical Documentation (PDF)
- Cascades Steps: New Medical Documentation for Infant Fruit and Vegetable Baby Foods in Place of the CVB (PDF)
- Flowchart for Replacing Food and Formula Benefits (PDF)
- Exchange Formula Benefits (PDF)
- Increase Formula Benefits (PDF)
- Replace Current Benefits (PDF)
- Void and Reissue Benefits (PDF)
Scheduling & Master Template
- Schedule Appointments Using Clinic Master Calendar–Same Appointment Type (PDF)
- Schedule Appointments Using Clinic Master Calendar–Multiple Appointment Types (PDF)
- Cancelling Appointments (PDF)
- Walk-ins Appointments in the Clinic Workflow Dashboard (PDF)
Foster Care & Transfers
- Schedule an Appointment to Transfer Between Cascades Clinics (PDF)
- Schedule an Appointment to Transfer into the Cascades System (PDF)
- Transfer a Family Between Agencies or Clinics (PDF)
- Transfer a Family into the Cascades System (PDF)
- Transfer Between Families (PDF)
- Transfer Participants Out of the Cascades System/Out of State (PDF)