All healthcare providers and entities that diagnose or provide the first course of treatment to a patient must report cancer case information to the state cancer registry in accordance with state and federal law.
What to Report
- In situ and invasive neoplasms.
- Benign and borderline malignant brain tumors.
- Benign and borderline malignant central nervous system tumors.
- Please see our current Reportable List for a list of all reportable tumors and exceptions.
Where to Report
If your practice is located in another county, or you are a provider wanting to participate in Meaningful Use, please see the below section on how to report.
How to Report
If you are participating in Meaningful Use or your practice is not inside the SEER catchment area, see below for reporting information.
- If you are a Commission on Cancer (CoC) accredited hospital or affiliated facility, you must report all cases diagnosed and treated in your facility in the current NAACCR format.
- If you are a small provider or clinic with less than 100 cases diagnosed or treated annually, you can report via Web Plus (Web Form), or through satisfying the Meaningful Use Cancer Reporting requirements.
- If you are a provider, hospital or entity that diagnoses and/or treats more than 100 cases annually, or you are a non-CoC accredited cancer treatment facility, you must report cases in the current NAACCR format and meet SEER, NPCR and other national guidelines for reporting.
- If you are a regional, national or hospital laboratory, you can send pathology reports via PHINMS or the state HIE in HL7 2.3, 2.5, or 2.5.1.
Sending Cancer Data
If you would like to report via Web Plus, you must create an account with Secure Access Washington (SAW) and return the “Web Plus Account Registration Form.” Please check out the link below for instructions on how to “Add Web Plus as a Service in SAW” after you've returned your form to the Washington State Cancer Registry. You won't be able to access Web Plus until we have your completed form.
- Create an Account with Secure Access Washington
- Web Plus Account Registration Form (PDF)
- Add Web Plus as a Service in SAW Instructions (PDF)
Providers who are participating in Meaningful Use must register their intent to participate through our Meaningful Use page and submit their data through the state Health Information Exchange (HIE).
Cancer Reporting Form
Please mail or fax this completed form, email is not a secure method of transport.
Washington State Cancer Registry
310 Israel RD SW
PO BOX 47855
Tumwater, WA 98504-7855
If you are unable to report in any of these formats, or you have questions, please contact the Washington State Cancer Registry at firstname.lastname@example.org.