We’re not currently scheduling for Core WIC Training. However, we’re working hard to consider your training needs.
We know new staff are joining the Washington WIC team and need training on our current policies and computer system, Cascades.
We developed the Core WIC training materials posted below to help you train staff in your clinic. We listed materials according to the Core WIC training agenda, however, staff can complete them in any order.
View the Cascades Software and Policy Training for Local WIC Staff document (PDF), which lists of all the Computer Based Trainings (CBTs), Cascades Training Supplements (CTS) and relevant policy trainings which align with the Cascades system.
If you have questions about these materials, please contact us at WAWICtraining@doh.wa.gov or 1-800-841-1410 ext. 0 and ask to speak to a clinic training team representative.
Getting Started in WIC (for all staff)
WIC Connects (for all staff)
Income, ID and Residency (for all staff who assess income eligibility)
Nutrition Risk Assessment (for certifiers/CPA's and Registered Dietitians)
Directors of First Impressions (for all staff)
- DOH STATE WIC Participant Centered Education (LC course)
Anthropometrics (for staff who weigh and measure participants)
Assessing Iron (for certifiers/CPA's and Registered Dietitians)
Transfers (for all staff)
Assessment Questions (for certifiers/CPA's and Registered Dietitians)
Nutrition Education (for certifiers/CPA's and Registered Dietitians)
WIC Foods (for all staff)
Breastfeeding (for all staff)
- DOH STATE WIC Breastfeeding (LC course)
- DOH STATE WIC Baby Behavior (LC course)
- DOH STATE WIC The Breastfeeding Review Part 1 (LC course)
- DOH STATE WIC The Breastfeeding Review Part 2 (LC course)
- Breastfeeding Review Training (PDF)
- Staff Tool: Breastfeeding (BF) Infant and Participant First Month of Life (PDF)
- DOH STATE WIC Breast Pumps and Supply Inventory Training (LC course)
- DOH STATE WIC Cascades Issue Breast Pump and Supply Inventory Training (LC course)
- DOH STATE WIC Cascades Multi User Breast Pump Follow Up and Return Inventory Tr. (LC course)