Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
- WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program
- Seniors Farmer Market Nutrition Program
- Information for Growers, Markets and Farm Stores
- SNAP (EBT) at Farmers Markets
- WIC FMNP resources for WIC staff
About WIC FMNP
WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (WIC FMNP) is part of the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for lower income Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). The WIC Program provides healthy foods, nutrition education, and referrals to health and other social services.
- Provide fresh, healthy, unprocessed, locally grown fresh fruits, vegetables, and cut herbs to WIC families and low-income seniors.
- Expand the awareness and sales at farmers markets and farm stores.
2023 Important Dates
|February 28||Update Form for market managers|
|April 1||Application to all returning growers|
|May 1||Application for new markets|
|June 1||FMNP season starts|
|October 31||Last day to accept FMNP checks|
- Other Languages
SNAP (EBT) in Farmers Markets
Like WIC FMNP and Senior FMNP, SNAP (formerly “Food Stamps”) allows low-income families to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at farmers markets. Washington State farmers markets that want to offer SNAP Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) can find further information at https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/farmer-producer.
1-800-841-1410 extension 2, select 2.