Consumer Resource Center
Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm.
800-551-4636 (Washington state only)
Order Now or call 1-866-687-1464
Official Washington State Certificates
The Department of Health issues certified copies of vital records (or “certificates”) for births, deaths, stillbirths, fetal deaths, marriages, and divorces that took place in the state of Washington.
We can help you with:
Ordering vital records (certificates)
Making changes to certificates
- Changing a birth certificate
- Updating a sex designation on a birth certificate
- Adding or removing a parent from a birth certificate
- Changing a legal name with a court order
- Changing a death or fetal death certificate
- Changing a marriage or divorce certificate
- Requests from facilities and practitioners
- Guidance to hospitals, birthing facilities, and midwives on how to register births resulting from a Surrogacy agreement.
Phone: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
(360) 236-4300, option 8 for Spanish
Center for Health Statistics
Department of Health
PO Box 9709
Olympia, WA 98507
Physical Address for Appointments
By Appointment Only
Washington State Department of Health
Center for Health Statistics Town Center 2
111 Israel Road SE
Tumwater, WA 98501