Important notice: The Department of Health has received increased number of calls about third party vendors selling birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates. These companies charge customers high fees to “process” or “help apply” for certificates issued from the Department of Health. If you have ordered through one of these third party companies and would like to file a consumer complaint, visit the Washington State Attorney General Consumer Protection Division.
Order Now or call 1-866-687-1464
Official Washington State Certificates
The Department of Health issues certified copies of vital records (or “certificates”) for births, deaths, marriages and divorces that took place in the state of Washington.
We can help you with:
Ordering vital records (certificates)
Correcting birth, death, marriage, or divorce certificates
- Correcting birth, death, marriage or divorce certificates
- Court ordered legal name change
- Updating sex designation on a birth certificate
- Information regarding all adoptions.
Adding or removing a parent from a birth certificate
- Information regarding all parentage.
- Guidance to hospitals, birthing facilities, and midwives on how to register births resulting from a Surrogacy agreement.
Phone: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
(360) 236-4300, option 8 for Spanish
Center for Health Statistics
Department of Health
PO Box 9709
Olympia, WA 98507
Physical Address for Appointments
By Appointment Only
Washington State Department of Health
Center for Health StatisticsTown Center 2
111 Israel Road SE
Tumwater, WA 98501