Pertussis or Whooping cough is an illness that causes a severe cough and may last for months. Vaccination is the best protection.
- Whooping Cough Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- For pregnant women
- Public service announcements
- For healthcare providers
- For parents (multiple languages)
- For grandparents (PDF)
- For childcare providers (PDF)
- For healthcare providers (PDF)
- DTaP vaccine
- Babies and infants at 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, and 15-18 months old
- Tdap vaccine
- Everyone 11 years and older.
- All pregnant women during each pregnancy, even if they have gotten it before. This helps protect their baby until they are old enough to get vaccinated. More Pertussis information for pregnant women.
- Where to get a whooping cough vaccine
Pertussis Weekly Update (PDF)
This weekly report includes the current number of whooping cough cases for the state and each county.