Washington requires Waterworks Certified Operators to meet professional growth requirements of three Continuing Education Units (CEUs). All approved courses must meet the standards of the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Washington Certification Services provides certified operators with:
- List of approved training in Washington.
- List of approved distance education courses, instructions, and forms.
- Information on submitting courses for CEU evaluation and approval.
- Information about the Waterworks Certified Operator professional growth requirement.
- Information about the Backflow Assembly Testers.
The following trainers, in alphabetical order, regularly submit training for approval and assignment of continuing education units (CEUs) in Washington.
- Evergreen Rural Water of Washington (ERWOW).
- Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC).
- Pacific Northwest Section of the American Water Works Association (PNWS-AWWA).
- Professional Training Associates.
- Washington Environmental Training Center at Green River College (WETRC).
Other training organizations and the Department of Health (DOH) may submit new or one-time training for CEU assignment. Please check the approved training list and the training organization to confirm that the CEUs are DOH and Washington Certification Services approved.
Training For a Career in the Water Industry
If you're interested in a water industry career, the following Washington and Oregon colleges offer water industry/technology certificate and degree programs.
- Bellingham Technical College—Water and Wastewater Certificate
- Green River College (WETRC), associate degree, (two-year)
- Spokane Community College
- Water Resources Technology (AAS and certification)
- Walla Walla Community College
- Clackamas Community College
- Umpqua Community College
- Water Quality Program (AAS and certificates)
The information provided on this website is believed to be accurate and reliable. However, we assume no responsibility for errors in the content of the information provided. Further, we assume no responsibility for the use of the information provided. Persons or entities that rely on any information obtained from this website do so at their own risk.
Note: Lists are in alphabetical order, there is no implication of preference. Appearance on this list does not constitute endorsement by us.