- If you submitted a product or processing fee, the date your check or money order is cashed represents the verification of receipt. It also helps you estimate the time remaining before your request is processed.
- We can only correct certificates for births, deaths, marriages or divorces that took place in Washington State.
You can use the Affidavit for Correction form and required proof for most corrections. The form summarizes how to make a correction.
- Download the most recent form:
- The form is also printed on the back of every certificate. Print the updated form if the revision date is before 1/15/2015.
How to correct a certificate with the Affidavit for Correction
- Complete the 422-034-Affidavit for Correction (English) (DOCX) or 422-034-Declaración Jurada de Corrección (Español) (PDF)
- Gather required proof, if needed
- Submit the documents to the Department of Health
Center for Health Statistics
P.O. Box 47814
Olympia, WA 98504-7814
Use the webpages below for the certificate you want to correct.
Ordering a certificate with a correction request
- Send completed certificate order form with your correction request. Include all required documents referenced on the certificate application instruction page.
- Certificate will be issued after the correction has been processed.
Exchanging a certificate with a correction request
If you currently have a certified copy of a certificate that was issued less than one year ago, send in the certified copy of the certificate with your correction request; we will exchange the certificate at no charge.
Email us at VitalRecordsCorrections@doh.wa.gov.