WIC foods meet the special nutritional needs of pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum moms, infants, and children up to 5 years old. WIC supports successful, long-term breastfeeding.
WIC provides a wide variety of healthy foods that includes:
- Whole grains
- Breakfast cereals fortified with iron and low in sugar
- Fruits and vegetables
- Low sodium and low-fat choices
- A variety of protein foods such as eggs, dried/canned beans, lentils, peanut butter and tofu
- Good sources of calcium, such as, milk, cheese, yogurt and fortified soy beverages
Starting October 1, 2022, WIC is increasing the fruit and vegetable benefits! WIC participants will get more money for frozen and fresh fruits and vegetables each month.
Make a plan to use WIC fruit and vegetable benefits while this temporary increase lasts. Find recipes, tips, and ideas here.
WIC provides the following foods:
If you need help while shopping:
- Use the WIC Shopping Guide to see what foods are approved and make a shopping list prior to shopping.
- You must buy the exact brands and sizes of foods from the approved WIC foods list. Not all foods on store shelves are WIC approved.
- Use the WICShopper app at the store to double check an item and see if an item is on the allowed list.
- Call your WIC clinic. You can find your WIC clinic phone number here
- Call the state WIC Nutrition Program office at 1-800-841-1410.
To help you have a positive shopping experience, view our Shopping with WIC page for tools, including the WIC Shopping Guide.