The X-ray program regulates machine-generated sources of radiation: dental, veterinary, radiographic, fluoroscopic, therapeutic, computed tomography (CT), mammography, and non-medical units for industrial uses.
The X-Ray program does not regulate MRI or ultrasound machines, which do not produce X-rays. Visit the U.S. Food and Drug Administration website for more information about MRI and ultrasound.
Shielding Plan Review for X-Ray Facilities
Technical and Professional Information
- Disposal of X-Ray Equipment
- Handheld XRF Analyzers
- Installers and Service Technicians
- Lead Apron Inspections
- Qualified Experts - health physicists for shielding calculations, room design
- Record Retention of X-Rays
- Temporary Use of X-Ray Equipment
General Information for the Public
Information about safe use of radiation for consumers is available on our public information page.
Looking for radiology professions licensing?
Join the X-Ray email list to receive regular updates from us.