We created or updated the following materials to align with the Cascades system and WIC Cards. All forms and materials are in PDF format unless otherwise noted.
- Temporary Certification for Missing Proof of Income Form - View all languages
- Statement of Income Form (Affidavit for Income) - View all languages
- This form was previously called the Grace Period for Income Form.
- No Proof of Identity Form (Affidavit for Identity) - View all languages
- No Proof of Residency Form (Affidavit for Residency) - View other languages
- Breast Pump Release of Liability Form - View other languages
WIC Card Materials
- WIC Mailed Card Letter - View all languages
- Letter clinic staff send when mailing the WIC Card to a participant.
- Handout for participants with information about shopping with a WIC Card and reading the WIC receipt.
- Visual tool for WIC staff to use when sharing information with participants about using WIC Cards at the store.
- Tips for Stand-Beside Card Readers - View all languages
- Information for WIC shoppers using small grocery stores with stand-beside card readers for purchasing WIC foods.
Cascades WIC Services Worksheets
WIC Services Worksheets guide staff in recording information for WIC Certifications, Health Assessments, and other appointments when Cascades is unavailable. Staff follow the Guidelines for Using the Cascades WIC Service Worksheets (PDF) to:
- Record participant information while Cascades is unavailable.
- Enter participant information into Cascades from the worksheet.
- Scan the worksheets and any attached forms into Cascades, once the event is over.
Use the Cascades WIC Services Worksheet for the participant's category:
- Breastfeeding/Non-Breastfeeding Cascades WIC Services Worksheet (PDF)
- Child Cascades WIC Services Worksheet (PDF)
- Infant Cascades WIC Services Worksheet (PDF)
- Pregnant Cascades WIC Services Worksheet (PDF)
Staff tools provide information, tips and techniques for staff to follow Washington WIC policy and provide participant-centered services.
- Assessment Questions for a Participant-Centered Risk Assessment (PDF) | other languages
- Breastfeeding Infant and Participant – First Month of Life (PDF)
- Breastfeeding Participants – Category, BF Review, and Helpful Tips (PDF)
- Cascades Top 10 List (PDF)
- Common Reasons Foods are Denied at the Store (PDF)
- Connecting the WICShopper App to Your WIC Card (PDF)
- Family Issuance Day and Proration (PDF)
- Food Benefits by Participant Category (PDF)
- Food Prescription Subcategories (PDF)
- Health Conditions and Nutrition Practices to Assigned Risks (PDF)
- Issuing Benefits in the Month of the 1st and 5th Birthday (PDF)
- Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Multi-User Breast Pump Report (PDF)
- Participant Centered Goals for Cascades (PDF)
- Setting WICShopper App to Spanish (PDF)
- Troubleshooting Common Issues (PDF)
- Understanding Appointment Notification Screens (PDF)
- Understanding Foster and Non-Foster Transfers (PDF)
- WIC Card Education (PDF)
- WIC Card Functions (PDF)
- WICShopper App
Cascades Steps provide detailed instructions to complete important tasks in the Cascades system. If you have policy questions about these tasks, see the Cascades Policy & Procedure page, or contact Cascasdes Support at the state WIC Office. If you have additional questions about using Cascades, check the Cascades Support page.
We're also sharing these Cascades Tips (PDF) to help clarify processes in your day-to-day Cascades work and when we discover new, helpful information.
We provided a Cascades Clinic Notebook to staff during Cascades Basic Training. You can use this Cascades Clinic Notebook Table of Contents (PDF) to see what's new or revised and use the links to access the most current Staff Tools, Cascades Steps and Transition Guidance.
- Adding Breast Pumps and Pump Supply Into Cascades
- Cancelling Appointments (PDF)
- Cascades Breast Pump and Supplies Issuance (PDF)
- Cascades Multi User Breast Pump Follow-Up
- Complete Assessment for PE Participant (PDF)
- Enter Medical Documentation for the First Time (PDF)
- Enter New Medical Documentation When Current Medical Documentation Exists (PDF)
- Finding the H Tag Number (PDF)
- Flowchart for Replacing Food and Formula Benefits (PDF)
- How to Determine Food Benefits for Breastfeeding-Fully Formula (BF-FF) Participants (PDF)
- Increase Formula Benefits (PDF)
- Issuing Foods in the First Month of Life for Partially Breastfeeding Infant and Breastfeeding Participant (PDF)
- Presume Eligible (PE) (PDF)
- Return Multi User Breast Pump Into Cascades (PDF)
- Schedule an Appointment to Transfer Between Cascades Clinics (PDF)
- Schedule an Appointment to Transfer into the Cascades System (PDF)
- Schedule Appointments Using Clinic Master Calenar–Multiple Appointment Types (PDF)
- Schedule Appointments Using Clinic Master Calendar–Same Appointment Type (PDF)
- Taking Screenshots (PDF)
- Tofu and Medical Documentation (PDF)
- Transfer a Family Between Cascades Clinics (PDF)
- Transfer a Family into the Cascades System (PDF)
- Transfer a Foster Child (PDF)
- Transfer Participants Out of the Cascades System (PDF)
- Updating Breastfeeding “Unknown” Status in Health Information Screen (PDF)
- Walk-ins Appointments in the Clinic Workflow Dashboard (PDF)