Education at your Fingertips!
Sign up to receive free text updates (PDF) from the Washington Project Firstline team.
Get timely infection prevention updates over your phone, wherever you are, including access to:
- Short, informative infection control training videos from the CDC
- Tips and tools for developing staff’s foundational infection prevention knowledge
- Infection prevention fast facts to help raise awareness and keep infection control top of mind
- In minutes a week, this resource can help you engage your team in infection prevention!
- Terms and conditions (PDF)
The Project Firstline Podcast, hosted by the Washington State Department of Health, is geared towards frontline healthcare workers to bring awareness to infection prevention and public health practices. We identify the importance and impact of infection prevention on our lives and on the lives of our community.
- Healthcare Associated Infections
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hand Hygiene
- Multidrug Resistant Organisms (MDROs)
- Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Hospital Settings
- Candida auris (C. auris)
- Respiratory Protection
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs)
- Dental Settings
- Dialysis Settings
- Environmental Health in Healthcare Settings
- Surveillance in Public Health and Healthcare
- Oncology Settings
- Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions
Washington Infection Control Online Training
We offer a six-part interactive training series to provide frontline healthcare workers with infection prevention and control education. This training is offered in both English and Spanish. Participants are able to earn continuing education and continuing nursing education (CE/CNE) credits. The series is based on CDC Project Firstline content and focuses on the following six modules:
- Infection Control
- How Germs Can Spread on Surfaces
- How Germs Can Spread via Respiratory Droplets
- Proper Hand Hygiene
Job aids for Proper Hand Hygiene:
- Proper Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning and Disinfection
Frontline Infection Prevention Champions
A Frontline Infection Prevention (IP) Champion facility has demonstrated that 90% of their frontline staff have completed the Washington Project Firstline Infection Control Training series.
Their commitment to infection prevention and control education and training protects their staff, patients/residents, families, and community from the spread of infection. Join the Champions (PDF)!
- Champion Facilities
- Fort Steilacoom Competency Restoration Program